Friday, June 10, 2011

Karen's Birthday Wish

Our favorite doctor's wish for her birthday is for all her friends and family (and family and friends of friends) donate to help find a cure for Rare Adipose Disorders (Dercum's, lipedema, Madelung's and familial multiple lipomatosis):
Her message is below.  To donate, please click the button.  Thanks!
"Hello, and thanks for checking out my Birthday Wish!

For my birthday on June 23rd, I'm asking my friends and family for a special gift: help me raise $5000 for Help FDRS Stop the Hurt. It's a great cause that is working towards increasing research into rare adipose disorders (RADs). Anyone that has an extra ounce of adipose (fat) on their body will benefit from this research. Some of the best discoveries have been made when investigating areas that do not get enough attention and that's where we are with RADs today. Think about the children and the humiliation they endure from other kids becasue they have increased and many times very painful edematous fat because of their RAD. It is not just food that makes you fat!

I chose Help FDRS Stop the Hurt because The FDRS is dedicated to funding more reserch into the area of RADs. Just this year, the FDRS sponsored the largest gathering of people with RADs ever. The very best scientists and physicians flew in from the event flew in from around the world to educate and help raise money for a cure.

Please consider giving to my Birthday Wish, and together we can help stop the epidemic of obesity in the world and at the same time, provide a better quality of life for those with RADs. If you can't give now, I'd really appreciate if you'd share this page with your friends.

Thanks so much,

Karen
I'm asking for $25, or as much as you can afford."